- Check water levels before you head out! Do your homework and know what different flow levels might mean for your adventure. See Montana USGS Current Conditions.
- Practice the Leave No Trace principles.
- Read “Packrafting! An Introduction and How to Guide” By Roman Dial.
- If you are floating the Flathead River, the Three Forks of the Flathead Float Guide is essential and is sold by The Glacier National Park Conservancy.
- Take a load off and use Dropstone Outfitting Drop Camp Service! They can pack your gear in while you enjoy the hike!
- Visit packrafting.org for other great stories, discussion, and ideas!
Know Your Boat
Here are a few essential things to know before you go!
How to inflate your boat using the inflation bag:
Wet exit from a whitewater skirt:
This video by Alpacka Rafts shows repair techniques for your boat: